Terms & Conditions
Protect-it™ Service Agreement
Definitions: "We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean Dealer and/or its Administrator AMT Warranty. In Florida "We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean Technology Insurance Company. "You" or "Your" shall mean the purchaser of the product(s) covered by this Service Agreement. "Failure" means the mechanical or electrical breakdown of the covered Product caused by defects in materials or workmanship during normal usage.
Registration: You must validate this Service Agreement by visiting our Web site www.amtprotect-it.com, or calling 1-866-505-4047 within 10 days of the purchase of this Service Agreement, in order to ensure coverage. We cannot register your product for this Service Agreement if You do not complete the required registration. We reserve the right to reject a registration and will refund the purchase price through the Dealer.
What is Covered? In consideration of payment of the Service Agreement price, We will furnish or pay for labor and parts or replacement equipment required to repair a mechanical or electrical Failure of the covered Product during normal usage for the term of this Service Agreement, if the Product is not covered under any other warranty or service contract. This Service Agreement does not cover repair or replacement of the Product for any of the causes or provide coverage for any losses set forth in the section entitled
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE below.
- Replacement Plan: If You purchased a Replacement Plan, in the event of a Claim, We will replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality or, at Our sole discretion, reimburse You for replacement of the Product. Upon replacement of a Product, We will have no further obligation to replace the Product and You will not be entitled to make any further claims for its replacement.
- Repair Plan: If You purchased a Repair Plan, in the event of a covered Claim, We will repair or, at Our discretion, replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality Upon replacement of a Product, We will have no further obligation to repair or replace the Product and You will not be entitled to make any further claims for its repair or replacement.
- Accidental Damage From Handling (ADH) (Note: This optional coverage is only available for Notebook Computers):
If Accidental Damage from Handling Program is part of Your coverage program it augments Your product warranty by providing additional protection against accidental damage from handling to Your product that You have purchased. ADH covers accidental damage to Your product while being used by You subject to the exclusions below.
ADH does not provide protection against normal wear and tear, theft, mysterious disappearance, misplacement, viruses, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the product, cosmetic damage and/or other damage that does not affect unit functionality, or damage caused during shipment between You and Our service providers. If protective items such as covers, carrying cases or pouches, etc., were provided or made available for use with Your product, it is expected that You will continually use these product accessories for protection against damage to the product. Abuse is defined as Your intentional non-utilization of protective items during product use, or Your treatment of the product(s) that You have purchased for Your use in a harmful, injurious or offensive manner that may result in its damage. Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by this ADH program.
- Food Loss Protection for Refrigerators or Freezers Only: We will reimburse You up to $100.00 in any one (1) year of coverage for any food spoilage that is a result of a mechanical failure of any covered product. The food loss must be verified by US.
Place of Service: If You purchased On-Site Service, we will arrange to repair or replace the Product at Your location during normal business hours. If you purchased Carry/Mail-In Service, You will be responsible for delivery or shipment, prepaid and insured, of the Product to Our authorized service facility for repair or replacement.
Limit of Liability: The total amount that We will pay for repairs made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event that We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the Purchase Price or We replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, OR LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY PRODUCT OR EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE.
Term: This Service Agreement begins on the date You purchase Your product and is inclusive of the manufacturer’s warranty. Coverage under the Agreement begins upon expiration of the shortest portion of the original manufacturer’s warranty. During the manufacturer warranty time period, the product manufacturer has primary responsibility for replacement or repair of the covered product. The Service Agreement shall remain in effect, subject to the Limit of Liability defined above, for the term specified in the sales documentation provided to You at time of purchase. All products and/or parts replaced under this plan become OUR property in their entirety.
Exclusions From Coverage
All Plans: This service contract does not cover any loss, repairs or damage caused by or resulting from:
Other exclusions include but are not limited to:
- Pre-existing conditions incurred or known to you (pre-existing means a condition that within all reasonable mechanical probability relates to the mechanical fitness of Your covered merchandise prior to contact issuance);
- Improper packaging and/or transportation damage during shipment to a service center;
- Equipment installation, removal, reinstallation or improper installation of components, upgrades, attachments or peripherals;
- Use of the covered product in such a manner as would void coverage under the manufacturer’s warranty;
- Improper use of electrical/power supply, power surge, reduction, fluctuation, loss or overload from whatever cause;
- Any malfunction or damage resulting from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance;
- Damage or other equipment failure due to causes beyond our control such as environmental conditions, exposure to weather conditions or acts of nature including, but not limited to fire, floods, smoke, sand, dirt, lightning, moisture or water damage, freezes, storms, wind or windstorm, hail, earthquake, etc., operation/storage of the covered product in conditions outside of manufacturer specifications and collapse, explosion, battery failure or leakage, or other similar events;
- Damage or failure caused by riot, nuclear radiation, war or hostile action, radioactive contamination, etc.; and
- Intentional damage
- Normal periodic or preventive maintenance, user education, cleanings or any repair covered by a manufacturer warranty or other insurance;
- Software and software-related problems;
- Equipment sold without a manufacturer’s warranty or sold “as is”;
- Manufacturer recall or rework to repair design or component deficiencies, improper construction, manufacturer error, etc., regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs;
- Neglect, negligence, misuse, abuse, malicious mischief, theft, mysterious disappearance, vandalism, rust, corrosion, warping, bending, animal or insect infestation, etc., to the covered product or any component, unauthorized modifications and adjustments, alterations, manipulation or repair made by anone other than an authorized service technician;
- Covered products with removed or altered serial numbers;
- Expendable or consumer replaceable items or any other parts or materials which are designed to be consumed during the life of the covered product and other components never covered by the manufacturer’s warranty; repair of cosmetic or other structural defects when they do not impact operational performance of the covered product;
- Consequential damages or delay in rendering service under this contract, or loss of use or data during the period the covered product is at an authorized repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts; You are responsible for backing up all software and sata on a regular basis; this plan does not cover restoration of software or data or data retrieval to Your covered product;
- Components and products used for commercial, industrial, educational or public use purposes, or offered on a rental basis; and “no problem found” diagnosis from the manufacturer or any other third party service agent;
- Any equipment located outside the United States of America or Canada;
- Refurbished products with less than an original ninety (90) days manufacturer’s parts and labor limited warranty.
(Note: Major appliances must have a minimum of one (1) year manufacturer’s parts and labor warranty.);
- Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including ‘burn-in’ or burned CRT Phosphor caused by video games, prolonged display of one or more signal(s), or other abuse;
- Digital/video projector and “DLP” type rear projection TV bulbs, if You did not purchase the optional bulb coverage as part of Your coverage plan;
- Accidental damage, cracked or damaged LCD screen, to your laptop, if You did not purchase the optional ADH coverage for Your laptop, or damage due to water, other liquids or liquid marks and/or rings;
- Service necessary because of improper storage, improper ventilation, reconfiguration of equipment, use or movement of the equipment, including the failure to place the equipment in an area that complies with the manufacturer’s published space or environmental requirements;
- Any installation that prevents normal service;
- Product(s) with removed or altered serial numbers
- Custom installations: products installed in cabinetry and other types of built-in applications are eligible for service as long as you make the product accessible to the service technician. We are not responsible for dismantling or reinstallation of fixed infrastructure when removing or returning repaired or replaced product into a custom installation; and
Components not contained with the housing of the covered product(s) such as plumbing, electrical wiring, vents, duct work, etc.
What to do if Covered Product Requires Service: Call Us toll-free at 866-505-4047 and explain the problem. We will attempt to resolve the problem You are experiencing over the telephone. If We can not resolve the problem, You will be directed to an authorized service center. For faster service, have Your dated proof of purchase (sales receipt) and Service Agreement number available when You place the call. You will be required to supply a copy of Your proof of purchase (sales receipt) at time of service. (Note: This Service Agreement shall be void if you make unauthorized repairs.) We reserve the right to inspect the Product from time to time. Service will be provided during normal business hours and in the USA only. We own all parts removed from repaired products and any complete units replaced in their entirely.
Safety: In the event that Our authorized service center determines that it can not service Your covered product(s) due to poor accessibility, unsafe working conditions, an adult over the age of 18 is not present, or that it cannot restore Your covered product(s) to safe, working conditions due to reasons beyond the scope of this agreement, such as (but not limited to) code violations, improper storage, installation, use or movement of the product(s), including the failure to place the product(s) in an area that complies with the manufacturer’s published space or environmental requirements, Our authorized service center shall not be required to proceed with the covered repair until You remedy the applicable hazard at Your cost. You will also be responsible for the full cost of the original service call.
Renewal: This Service Agreement may at Our discretion be renewed at the expiration of its term. When We offer to renew the Service Agreement, the renewal price quoted will reflect the age of the Product and the prevailing service cost at the time of the renewal.
Transfer of Service Agreement: This Service Agreement may be transferred to any person in the United States by contacting Us at 866-505-4047 toll-free.
Guarantee: This is not an insurance policy. We have obtained an insurance policy to insure Our performance under this Service Agreement. Should We fail to pay any claim or fail to replace the Product covered under this Service Agreement within sixty (60) days after Product has been returned or, in the event that You cancel this Service Agreement, and We, fail to refund the unearned portion of the Service Agreement price, You are entitled to make a direct claim against the insurance company, Wesco Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10038.
Note: The above guarantee does not apply to service agreements sold in the state of Florida.
For Special State Disclosures Click Here
Cancellation: You may cancel this Service Agreement at any time. To arrange for cancellation of this Service Agreement, call Us at 866-505-4047 toll-free. The refund amount of the Service Agreement price will be prorated based on the remaining contract term minus any claims that have been paid or pending. Cancellation by Us will be done in accordance applicable state laws and regulations.
Entire Contract: This Service Agreement sets forth the entire contract between the parties and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms.
AMT – Protect-; C 09/24/07